Sunday, December 31, 2006

Never take a road trip with a dog who gets carsick or anyone under the age of 21

I think I will title this next entry: Never take a road trip with a dog who gets carsick or anyone under the age of 21. The former being relatively self explanatory, but the latter being very complicated. My three year old spent a good portion of the ride complaining about my nine year old using the fill-in-the-blank word. Things that were as random as you could imagine and if it weren’t as irritating as it was I would’ve even called it entertaining. Then there was the Let’s-copy-each-other-until-dad-wants-to-drive-off-the-side-of-a-mountain game. Oh and then “I have to pee” when there is not only no rest stop in the foreseeable future, but we just left one 20 minutes before where you were assured repeatedly that “I don’t have to go”. Then your three year old is peeing on the side of the freeway embankment and your nine year old is sitting on a paper towel because she got pee on her jeans when she was squatting in the sand on the side of the road. If only they were at the stage where they hate everyone and everything and survive their miserable existence only with the assistance of headphones and whatever device plays the music of the generation. Back in my day it was the tape playing walkman, but now it is the iPod.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home