No... really
It's been less than a week since my last post - can you believe it? I had a little bit of free time and I thought I throw something at you.
It is SO cold. Well, it's so cold by San Diego standards. It got down to 37 last night. Now, granted there are places in the country that weren't even in the single digits, but for San Diego we were freezing our butts off. We are not designed to handle temperatures below 50 or above 80. What a bunch of wimps we all are, whining about how cold it is. I turned on the heater for the first time this season. I cranked it up to like 85 because I was so cold and Ian's feet and hands were like icicles. Dan came in from outside and asked what the hell I was doing because it was like a sauna. I guess he did not appreciate how warm I had the house.
My boss does not like to run the heat in our office, though I did finally get him to break down and turn it on today. Perhaps it was the threat of a fire pit in the middle of the office. We're of course short staffed this week - the week after a holiday when everyone decides to call - so I've been a little more swamped than usual. Plus this weather has me feeling horrible between fighting the cold my son keeps trying to bring home from the snot factory we call a daycare, and my fibromyalgia. I'm trying not to complain because it drives my husband up a wall.
This weekend we're going to the desert - insanity really. It's supposed to be warmer there than it is here (notice a theme here?) so I guess we'll see. I'm packing many layers and going out to get some thermals later today. Dan is supposed to leave today with the RV and my best friend and I are driving out tomorrow after I get off work. I went to the grocery store last night to get all the food and about halfway through my trip, after backtracking half a dozen times, I stopped in the middle of the cereal aisle to regroup. I think perhaps the people around me at the time thought I was out of my mind, and standing among the cheerios talking to myself I was not in much of a position to argue.


1 Comments:
Are you coming here for Christmas?
Post a Comment
<< Home