The long drive (ride) home
So we're driving home from Vegas today. For those of you not living in Southern California you may not know that Sunday is universally the worst possible day to try to drive home from Las Vegas. Almost as bad as driving TO Vegas on a Friday night but not as bad as a long holiday weekend.
At any rate, the traffic has been on and off parking lot quality as they've had to close parts of the freeway due to excessive winds. In addition to that, there was apparently an overturned truck, several major fires from Malibu to San Diego and we are currently attempting to get through another traffic jam as an ambulance passes us on the right.
We're a good 90 minutes from the house still. Ian is listening to his mp3 player & Kiri is sleeping (drooling/snoring) in the back seat. I'm just trying to keep from jumping out of the truck as it moves.
Well I can update more when I'm not typing on a keyboard the size of a stick of gum. The vacation as a whole was pretty nice.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home