Mystery solved
Why the cookies keep disappearing...

Oh yes, the little stinker is digging through the foil wrapped packaging to get to the cookies on top of the stove. Now they are gone. Guess I have to make some more.
Today was not as breakneck as yesterday was. Work was tolerable, my cleaning girls came today so my house is clean and I'm thrilled about that. I have a load of laundry in the dryer and the rugs from the kitchen in the washing machine at the moment.
I'm going to get dinner started (frozen lasagna) and bake some cookies.
Here are some pictures of Ian's new haircut. He looks like a little man...




I'm so excited. UPS dropped off Dan's Christmas present today. So for Christmas I wanted to get my husband a cross, as his walk has really deepened this year.
(Side Story) When the war started and he was on one of his underways, a woman who owns a shop in the city I pick our daughter up in struck up conversation with me as I waited for Taylor's grandmother to drop her off. She gave me a Shield of Strength that goes with his dog tags, which reads: "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 19b" and gave me a matching lapel pin. We prayed together in her shop that night. So that necklace is what he wears around his neck on the rare occasion he wears it.
Anyway, instead of a cross necklace, I got him this ring:

and had it engraved with "Husband, Father, Hero" on the inside.
The ring came today (I think our UPS guy is a little scared of me as I went running out of my house when I heard the truck
) and of course I couldn't wait until Christmas to give it to him. He got the BIGGEST smile on his face when he read the inside of the ring. He's wearing it now, even though I told him I had to wrap it for under the tree.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home