Friday, May 20, 2005

More recovery stuff

0230 - got up and went the the bathroom, had a few bites of pudding and took 2 pills hoping that once they kick in I can sleep for more than 20 minutes without waking up feeling like I can't swallow. The swelling is irritating. I will call the doctor later today to find out how long I can expect it to last. Have not thrown up since around 2345 last night, but I did have another queasy episode around 0100. Will eat 2 more rolaids soft chews before heading back to bed.

0630 - up for the morning. Feeling hungry and quesy all at the same time. Feels like a golf ball in the back of my throat. Otherwise not horribly sore, not unbearable at least. I just ate some jello and I'm hoping it stays down. Throwing up when my throat is like this is really horrid. Well, I'm going to go lie down again. I'm starting to get really tired.

1030 - trying to wait it out a little longer to take my pain pills. I'm feeling alright overall at the moment. Very tired. I'm going to go lie down now that I have showered, showered and dressed my son and made some tea to cool down in the fridge.

1400 - I am starving and nothing is cutting it. I have eaten a little soup and some pudding. My throat looks SO gross. All black scabs and nasty white puss looking stuff. The pain pills aren't doing a whole lot for me but making me tired and a little queasy.

1530 - Taylor's mom just called. Taylor is running a fever and not feeling well. Dan talked to her and she didn't feel up for travelling so she's not coming home this weekend. I told him I was on antibiotics so I probably won't catch anything, but if she's not feeling up for it I can understand.

1600 - Our good friend just called because her husband was brought into the ER with chest pains so we're headed to the hospital.

2035 - Our friend had a heart attack. 3 of his valves were clogged. They got the one major one cleared out but the other two still require attention. We have their 4 children here at the house with us for the night. I've got them all settled in sleeping bags in the living room.

My throat is very sore right now. I'm going to take another pain pill and hopefully go to bed here soon. It's going to be a long night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home