Surgery
Well yesterday was the surgery to repair my ankle. Hopefully it was a success, but I didn't get to talk to the doctor (at least not when I was coherant) after the surgery so I won't really know until Monday when I see him to get the cast put on. Right now it's in a splint and the biggest ace bandage I think I've ever seen. It hurts but isn't the worst pain I've felt. The hardest part is being on crutches, I'm getting bruised up under my arms already and it's been less than 24 hours. That and everything is a major production when you're on crutches. There is no "I'll run quick to the kitchen for a bottle of water" or anything like that. Ian is frustrated because I can't pick him up or wrestle around with him like I normally do. If all went well though this should fix my ankle and for that I am extremely hopeful.
Today I am working at home. I am on my laptop and my foot is perched up on the footrest and a pillow. I was surprised to see how much blood goes down into my toes when I don't have my foot up. They are almost instantly bruise colored when I put down my leg. The cleaning girls are here and Ian keeps going over to talk to the "washing ladies". At least he is having fun. I need to try to get some clothes on him herer shortly so he can go to school. My friend is supposed to come by and take him over there in a little while. I need the quiet so I can work and hopefully a little later take a nap. I'm so tired I'm crosseyed.
Well not much else going on. Dan's working minimum 10 hours a day 6 days a week right now so I barely ever see him. It's like he never came home from his trip over the summer. Oh well, what can you do.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home