Sunday, September 03, 2006

It is HOT and people are insane

Ok, whoever picked San Diego as the #1 destination for California residents for Labor Day weekend should be drug out into the street and shot. I drove up to Long Beach yesterday to take Taylor to a birthday party for her best friend. The drive back took me THREE HOURS!!! I still can't figure out what the heck was going on with traffic but by the time I got home it took 2 generous helpings of rum to calm my nerves. This morning I woke up with my back on fire from sitting like that for so long in the car.

Today I went to pay rent, went to the package store for some liquor and went to the commissary for groceries. Of course there were a lot of people on the road, and the commissary was packed. By the time I got into the checkout line my patience had worn thin. I got home and got dinner started (love my slow cooker) and did some cleaning after I got all the groceries put away. I'm currently stalling at the computer because I do not want to go in and pick up my son's bedroom. It resembles a nuclear test site at the moment and I'm just not in the mood for dealing with it.

We're having some people over later I guess. Who ever knows what's going on at our house. I just try to make sure I have the food and liquor ready for whoever shows up. Taylor is due back from what turned into a sleepover party later tonight. I'm hoping she had a lot of fun. Well, I am off to clean, wish me luck. If you don't see an update in a week or so, send in the reserves because I may have gotten lost in my son's toys. :O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home