Sunday, March 13, 2005

More business ... and some drunkeness

Oh my goodness....So Dan ran a paper route this morning and got home around 745. He comes into the bedroom where Ian and I are still asleep and woke us up. He says, we have a little bit of a crisis....We're missing an animal about "this big" (hands 4" apart).Taylor has a hamster and apparently when she fed it last night she left the door to the cage open. Now this alone would not be a huge deal, but we have THREE CATS!!!

So we search her bedroom, behind and under the washer and dryer, under the couches etc. I tell her to stay in her room (I'm afraid of what we're going to find). We have this breakfast nook thing (2 benches with a corner piece and the table) and I thought it might be in the back corner of that under the corner piece. That is about the most difficult to get to spot in the house because the table and benches are covered in stuff. So we take all the stuff off and sure enough the little bastard is under there. So Dan and I and our neighbor boy do some crazy circus act and get the thing out. Fortunately there were no cat bite marks. What a way to start a day....

Then we went to church (me and the kids. Dan was too tired to make it) and then Dan took Taylor up to drop her off with her grandmother. He got back (late) and we headed to Ikea to meet up with a bunch of our friends from my message board. We hung out at Ikea and Costco, then came back here and got way drunk. So much fun!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

While we were sitting around drinking we kept smelling what smelled like electrical burning. So my drunk self calls the (non emergency line) fire department. They came to check it out at the same time Dan's father won a tournament that landed him a seat on the World Poker Tour! Dan was whooping and cheering and the firefighters were looking at us like we belonged in the funny farm. It was a good time though. I stayed up with my friends until 2am chatting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home