Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Quick update

Friday - worked all day, ran some errands, picked Claire and Taylor up from the train station. Ian started having some explosive diapers.

Saturday - woke up at 6am in poop. Ian's diaper had exploded everywhere. Changed the sheets. Later had nice Christmas dinner of Turkey, potatoes, veggies and stuffings. Opened presents. Kids went to the park with Claire. Claire watched the kids so we could go out. When I stepped out of the truck I turned my ankle and fell hard on an uneven sidewalk. Figured it was sprained, made it through the night on some pain pills and liquor.

Sunday - More nasty diapers. Dropped Claire and Taylor off at train station. Ian started vomiting right after dinner, around 530pm. He spent the rest of the night throwing up. I just kept laying towels down after awhile because all that was left was water and bile and I had no more clean sheets.

Monday - called the doctor and made an appointment for Ian. Left around 10 and he threw up twice in the 6 minute car ride. Then twice while we waited to see the doctor. Doctor felt he was dehydrated and sent him to Balboa to be put on an IV. I asked her to take a quick peek at my ankle and she felt I ought to have it x-rayed. So down to the ER we went. We got registered and I got x-rayed. Then we waited 4 hours to be seen. Ian threw up more times than I could count. I ran out of things to catch and wipe it up with so he started to throw up on the floor. About the third time they had to call maintenence to clean it up they called us back.

My ankle is not broken, only badly sprained. Ian had to have IV fluids (that was a horrible experience, watching them stick my baby) and anti nausea medicine.

When we got Ian home he had a popsicle and some ginger ale and slept through the night. Today I took it slow with him but by dinner he was eating normally again. I'm still withholding dairy products for a few days.

I'm taking it easy and icing my ankle. Doctor says no steps or anything that might reinjure it for 2-3 weeks. Fun stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home