Monday, November 07, 2005

Guess not

Work was I.N.S.A.N.E. today. Getting ready for this weekends meeting is so stressful.

Then I picked Ian up after work and noticed his left ear was especially oozy. So I called the appointment line - nothing available until tomorrow in the middle of my day. I really don't want to take more time off work. So I ask for the nurse to call me. 15 minutes on the phone with her and she tells me I can't bring him in. As I am pulling on base. She suggests urgent care. So I turn around to head home and call for an appointment to urgent care. There are none. I'm expressing my frustration to the woman on the appointment line as call waiting beeps. I put her on hold to answer. It's the nurse. She again suggests urgent care. I tell her there are no appointments at urgent care. The third time she suggests it I break down crying. She asks me how long it will take me to get there and I tell her 10 minutes. She tells me to come in.

I get there with (a very crabby) Ian. The doctor checks him out and sure enough - both ears are infected. I go to the pharmacy and pick up that all too familier Zythromax. Hopefully Ian is feeling better soon.

When I got home I cooked some dinner and folded some laundry. I still have to clean up the kitchen (I'm stalling) and I have a few more things to do around the house but I am going to bed early tonight I think. I'm exhausted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home