Thursday, September 15, 2005

So. much. Pain.

Ok, so this sucks big time. My eye hurts like 100 times worst than it did after the last surgery. I can't fathom why! They did essentially the same thing, just with different tools. All I know is my eye hurts and I feel miserable. Last night as I was trying to fall asleep I kept saying to myself "Oh, maybe you can skip this surgery tomorrow. Maybe you can deal with the pain as it comes up. Some weeks are worse than others" Then I woke up this morning with sharp and excruciating pain in my eye and I saw that as God's way of telling me I did in fact need to follow through with this surgery.

We went to Dan's work first because he was CDO and had to turn over. I dropped him off to do his rounds and I took Ian to McDonald's for breakfast. After we were done eating, we went back to Dan's work. We were sitting on the floor playing trucks when I saw someone I didn't recognize walk by with a rather sour look on his face. I guessed (correctly) that it was Dan's new boss who he wasn't getting along so well with. Come to find out that he thought I was Dan's daughter!!! He went into Dan's office and told him that they weren't running a daycare. Dan explained there were special circumstances, that they moved my surgery up and he had to turn over and wouldn't have time to get me to the hospital.

It went down something like this:

Dan's boss:"Couldn't you drop them off at daycare?"

Dan:"My son isn't signed up for daycare this early in the morning"

Boss:"What did you do with the kids while you did rounds?"

Dan:"They were at McDonald's"
B
oss: "You left them at McDonald's?"
Dan:"Yeah" (at this point he is baffled)

Boss:"Wait, who is out there"
Dan:"Uh, my son and my wife"
Boss:"That is your wife?"
Dan:"Yes it is"

Boss:"Oh, then that is different. I understand there were circumstances" mumbles and walks away.

I am dying laughing at the fact that he thought I was Dan's daughter. Especially considering I am a year
older than Dan is to begin with.

So we got to the hospital and Dan went to the pharmacy to pick up the 2 prescriptions I didn't get last night for some reason (they weren't in the computer somehow) and I was done by the time he was! They numbed up my eye and then under the scope took a hockey stick/mini spatula looking thing and scraped the loose epithelium. It was almost all loose again like it was during my previous surgery, but the middle had tacked down so it was at least somewhat better than it was, even if it was worse than they were expecting it to bed. After the scraping they took tweezer looking things and removed the additional debris. Then they took what was the equivalent of a rotary sander and sanded on my eyeball. They put a contact lens on it and sent me on my way.

Got home and tried to get some decent rest, but with my eye hurting as much as it did I wasn't really able to get a lot of sleep. My doc suggested I take the anti nausea medication with the percocet she called in to knock me out That wasn't really helping, so I had Dan go get some unisom. At least with that I got about 2 hours of sleep. But now here I sit typing with one eye open. I feel all jello-y (if that is such a word) but am still in a lot of pain. Well, I am going to try to get myself some sleep as I am completely and utterly wiped out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home