Got a barf bag?
Well today I was going to work a half day (6-10a) then drop Ian off at daycare and go to my eye doctor at 10:30. It was a walk in appointment becuase she was concerned I was still having pain in my eye, I had to be there sometime before noon.
Instead at 5am I got puked on. At 545 I started working at 7:30am I got puked on. I cleaned up puke about 5 more times before leaving the house at 10am.
THEN I find that my husband has taken my car, leaving me the truck which is impossible to park to begin with but ESPECIALLY at Balboa (for those of you who have been there know all too well) so I have to drive down to North Islan to swap vehicles. Start heading toward Balboa around 11am.
THEN Ian pukes. I mean projectile vomits the cheese and crackers and fruit snacks he had eated between when he finished his last puking session around 830 and now. Ok, so I roll down the windows and am gagging as I drive to the exchange (kind of like a mall on base for those who don't know).
I park and clean him up as best I can. He's completely coverd in vomit. I take off his pants and turn them inside out and go inside. I buy baby wipes to finish wiping everything down in the car, a towel to put on his seat, new pants and 2 new shirts. Oh, and ziplock bags to store the nasty stuff in. I get him changed, things wiped down and appropriately stored, get him buckled in and hit the road.
Get off base, all the way to the bridge when - the "You need gas" light comes on.
DH has been driving my car all week so I had no clue I was so low on fuel. Of course he drives it until there is nothing in there, I'm more cautious with letting it run low. So I call him "Do I have enough gas to get to Balboa and then to the gas station at Miramar?" He hems and haws awhile and I say forget it and hang up on him and say a little prayer.Get to Balboa - 1140. Saw the eye doctor. She is excited that the pain is opposite of what I was having before. Like instead of being in pain in the morning and it getting better as the day goes on it feels ok in the morning and gets bad as the day goes on. She said it doesn't look like there are any areas loose, but that it is very hazy and irregular which would account for the pain and why I can't see out of that eye. I have another appointment on the 17th.
Leave Balboa to go to Miramar. I get there, for those of you wondering if I'd make it, get gas and go to the Pediatric clinic early. I get there and tell them I have an appointment at 2:45 but could I check in and be seen early. They say no problem. An hour fucking later I'm still sitting there.
Ian's fever is creeping back up and his crying and coughing up a storm. I ask when I'm going to get in and they say "Oh well your appointment isn't for another 45 minutes" I said, I realize that, but when I checked in I explained I was here really early and could I get in early and was told no problem. They act all dumbfounded and I ended up getting in about 5 minutes later. What's wrong with Ian?Double ear infection.
I think this actually the same ear infection he had at the end of July because he's been sickly on and off for the past 2 months. He'd be bad for a few days, I'd give him medicine, it would calm down for a few day and then come back. I first attributed it to being in daycare, but now I think that ear infection has just been hanging around. The doctor thought that might be it too so he has a follow up appointment also on the 17th. So.... some new clothes, antibiotics, eye drops and a really stinky car later I'm finally home. Now I have to clear out my washer so I can wash what Ian puked on.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home