Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Freaking Mother's Day

So Dan is taking Ian to early service church with him yesterday (he was singing so he went to all 3 services) so I could get a little more sleep and take a leisurely shower and get ready for our regular service. He's running a little late so he asks for my help getting Ian in the car. On the way out the door (I was walking in front of him) I told him "Don't close the door" because I know it's the habit to close and lock the door. Well I get Ian loaded in and head back to the house as Dan goes tearing out of the driveway. I get to the door and find it locked - run out to the street but he doesn't look in his rearview mirror and he's gone.

So I hear that Jen and Branden are up. I yell for them a few times, then start ringing the doorbell. I can't get at her window because it's behind the locked gate that goes to our side/back yard. I grab a lawn chair and the newspaper and sit down next to the doorbell ringing it for almost an hour straight. Jen has the TV on and doesn't hear it.

Finally, at almost 9 I go across the street. I use their phone - Dan doesn't pick up his cell and Jen doesn't pick up the house phone (of course she won't hear that if she didn't hear the doorbell 20,000 times). Dan pulls up around 10 after 9. He left at 8. Instead of coming right home he had gone to the store to get flowers and cards.

It took me a REALLY long time to stop being mad yesterday. I wasn't really mad at anyone since it wasn't anyones fault, but it was NOT a good start to Mother's Day.

Oh - and the best part - I was in my robe and slippers. Oh yeah, no clothes, just bra, underwear, robe and slippers.

The rest of the day at least was better. After a rather rushed attempt to get ready for church, it was a great service (as usual) and then we went out to brunch at Dennys. After that, Ian napped in the car and we let him sleep until he woke up. We were going to leave but it ended up that we stayed at the house until about 4. I did the dishes and mopped the kitchen floor, then started some laundry. Then we went to Viejas and hung out for the evening, ate at the buffet which was SO good.

It was a decent day, especially once I let go of being mad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home