Sunday, January 15, 2006

Funny stuff

Our dog is hilarious. Again tonight as Ian was in the bathtub Molly came to check up on him. "Come see me Molly" Ian kept asking until she jumped into the tub with him. Then I got up to get towels and she jumped out. I told her to stay on the rug so she wouldn't get everything wet and when I said "Stay" she jumped back into the tub! She jumped out and back in a few times and then Dan took her to dry her off and I took Ian out. He had her halfway dried off when she took off and jumped back into the tub again! Crazy dog. She loves Ian so much, and puts up with so much more than most dogs would. It's a good thing too because she craps in my house entirely too often and if she wasn't so good with Ian she'd be homeless, I swear.

Today we went to church. It was a good service, but I had a hard time concentrating because my back was hurting really bad. (And my right elbow and both knees) I came home and did some laundry and took a nap. I had to wash the sheets because Ian's diaper leaked this morning on our bed. We were down to only one set of the t-shirt sheets so I had to get them washed.

My grandfather came down and took us out for dinner tonight, which was awesome as usual. He is going to come down next Monday and go with me to the hospital so I don't have to go by myself. Dan will be gone and I really don't want to be there alone.

After dinner we stopped at Target to pick up a bathmat. Ian has decided he doesn't like his seat anymore and last night in the tub while he was playing with his animals on the side, his knees slipped and he hit his face on the side of the tub. He put his teeth deep into his lip. I had him up out of the tub so fast there was no blood in the water, which was pretty impressive considering he was bleeding bucketfulls of it. His mouth was filled up and he must have spit 20 mouthfulls of blood into the washcloth I was holding to his chin. He was such a trooper though. Only cried a minute and then helped us hold ice on it. It quit bleeding after a few minutes, although it seemed like an eternity, and aside from it being cut pretty deep, very swollen, and black and blue on the outside he seems to be ok. He said this morning that his lip hurt, but I've been giving him motrin and trying to keep anything spicy away from him.

Well as I was going into Target tonight I was thinking of how I wanted a new set of t-shirt sheets, since we've only got the one set that fits our bed and I like to have 2 so I don't have to wash them immediately and get them back on the bed. But Dan and the kids were waiting in the truck so I decided to just get the bath mat I had gone in there for. Well as I was walking down to where they were, I passed a display on the end of an aisle where they had t-shirt sheets on sale for $20 - all sizes. Well I took that as a sign and grabbed a set of yellow ones. I went and grabbed the bathmat and as I was walking up to the registers decided Dan was probably not going to be so thrilled with the yellow ones, so I put them back and grabbed some black ones instead. Even though I just put our turquoise ones back on the bed, I'm seriously considering switching them for the black ones when they come out of the dryer. I love new sheets.

Anyway, I'm off to do some crocheting. My favorite show is on tonight so I have to keep myself distracted until it comes on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home